Introduction




Recently I had been asked by a friend to talk about my MBA experience, and after a 2 hours long coffee chat, I realized that I had much more information to share. I went back home and I started to compile in an email my different favorites, links and information that I had collected along this almost three years process. This guide is an expansion of the email I send that night to my friend.

The MBA 101 Guide is a compilation of links, information and directions broken down in 4 major phases. The initial introspection phase is a compilation of reading on career assessment, the second investigation phase is a collection of links about MBA programs, the next step is a very generic guideline on the application process itself, and finally the last part, the education part, is about the learning in an MBA experience.




The MBA 101 Guide covers the following questions:

  1. What do I need?
  2. What is an MBA program?
  3. Benefits & Drawbacks from doing an MBA?
  4. Which program, what format and where?
  5. How do I read MBA rankings?
  6. What can I expect from an MBA?
  7. What are the physical constraints?
  8. What are the financial considerations?
  9. What are the impacts on my lifestyle?
  10. How to apply?
  11. How to GMAT?
  12. Recommendations?
  13. How to Interview?
  14. The Final Choice: which one?
  15. What do you learn?